We’re always intrigued about different ways to use donuts. We recently came across this recipe for a Donut Bread Pudding with a Butter Rum Sauce. It sounds delicious doesn’t it. Thanks to Harold Kelly from Melange Catering for sending this recipe to Houston Texas Food.
Donut Bread Pudding with Butter Rum Sauce
1 or 2 dozen store bought donuts
1 – 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
1 cup chopped nuts (your choice-pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts)
2 eggs, beaten
1 – 9 ounce box raisins
1 pinch salt
1 or 2 tsp ground cinnamon (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut donuts into cubes. Place in a bowl.
2. Pour all other ingredients on top of donuts and let soak for a few minutes.
Mix all ingredients together until donuts have soaked up the liquid as much as possible.
3. Place in greased baking dish and bake for about 1 hour until center has jelled.
4. Serve warm and top with Butter Rum Sauce.
Butter Rum Sauce
1 stick butter
1 pound box confectioner’s sugar
Rum, to taste
1. Melt butter in a saucepan and slowly stir in confectioner’s sugar until dissolved.
2. Add rum and heat until bubbly.
3. Pour over each serving of Donut Bread Pudding.
4. Serve warm.
Cleverley Stone, HoustonTexasFood.com