Looking for the best donuts in Houston? You’ve come to the right place – Shipley Do-Nuts has been making delicious donuts, kolaches, beignets, and more since 1936. All Houston donut shops are not created equal. Shipley Do-Nuts has the best donuts in Houston, hands down! But when you’re out of town, and you get that craving, where do you go? That’s why Shipley Do-Nuts has put together this list of where to find the best donuts all over the great state of Texas.
Shipley Do-Nuts, the shop with the best donuts in Houston, has the definitive guide to finding the best donuts all over the state. If you’ve got a sudden craving for donuts, try stopping at any of the following shops for a delicious treat. Every single one of the cities listed below is home to several Shipley Do-Nuts locations. When that craving hits, hop online to find the one nearest you or reference our list to try something new when you’re out of town!
Best Donuts in Austin
If you’re headed to our state’s capitol, check out one of the 5 Shipley Donuts locations in the city of Austin or nearby in Georgetown or Round Rock, or one of these fun shops.
- Voodoo Doughnut – This counter-serve, cash-only bakeshop serves creative donuts in a colorful, quirky environment. Favorites include the Voodoo Doll, a raised yeast donut filled with raspberry jelly, topped with chocolate frosting, and a pretzel stake through the middle. This super-fun place certainly lives up to the city’s motto of “Keep Austin weird!”
- Angel Donuts & Treats – Angel Donuts and Treats has been serving Austin since 2012. Their most popular item is their “The Famous Angels Donuts & Treats Salted Caramel Old-Fashioned Donut.” This sweet treat is one of their delectable donuts dipped in caramel and topped with Italian sea salt. They also have vegan options and a large variety of cake balls!
Best Donuts in Dallas
Dallas is home to some of the best donuts in the state of Texas. Whether you’re craving a Shipley Do-Nuts favorite or want to try something new, the online Shipley Do-Nuts store locator can help you find what you’re looking for easily. Or you can choose from one of our Dallas favorites below:
- Hypnotic Donuts – Despite their laid-back setting, Hypnotic Donuts has amazing donuts to offer! Their artisan donut selection includes sweet treats like the Evil Elvis, which includes peanut butter, bacon, banana, and honey on top of a yeast raised donut. Don’t forget to check out the founders favorite, the Peace’statio, a cake donut covered in brown butter glaze and pistachios!
- Jarams Donuts – The specialty donuts at this shop are to die for! Try scrumptious selections covered in your favorite sweets, such as Oreo, Reese’s, s’mores, M&Ms, gummy bears, and more!
- Glazed Donut Works – This place’s claim to fame is their focus: “We make donuts – just really, really good donuts. It was a decision we made early on: do one thing and do it well.” They certainly seem to have met that goal, and proudly state that of the over 900 Dallas-area donut shops, theirs is the only one in the city with their special recipe. This place doesn’t make the average donut.
Best Donuts in Fort Worth
- Donna’s Donuts – More than just a donut shop, Donna’s Donuts is a community staple in Fort Worth. The staff goes above and beyond to make every customer feel like family while providing delicious donuts to enjoy.
- Papa Yun’s Donuts – Papa Yun and Mama Yun manage this shop with their daughter, Annie, who is a 4.0 GPA student at Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Dallas. Unique selections include Annie’s Blueberry Galaxy, Mama’s Sausage Flower, and the jalapeno cheddar tang. They also make lettered donuts!
Best Donuts in San Antonio
- Snowflake Donuts – This place’s glazed donut puts any other glazed donut to shame. Their delicious donuts come in sets of a half dozen for only $4.50, too! They also offer a large variety of drinks as well as kolaches and other breakfast items. Everyone raves about this place!
- The Original Donut Shop – This shop offers indoor dining as well as a patio for outdoor diners to enjoy. Wanna relive your childhood? Try their popular Fruity Pebbles donut. You won’t regret it. Their long list of breakfast tacos is also a great way to satisfy your hunger.
Visit Shipley Do-Nuts for the Best Donuts in Houston Today!
On your next road trip or family vacation, don’t forget to bring this guide to Texas donuts along with you! And when you come back home to Houston, make sure to visit us for that same great Shipley Do-Nuts taste you have been craving all along. You can even order online or over the phone, so don’t hesitate! Satisfy your craving for the best donuts in Houston now!
The Texas Donut Guide: Where to Find the Best Donuts in Texas | Shipley Do-Nuts – Houston, TX